All students are expected to wear proper attire to school in order to foster an environment that promotes learning. The CCSD dress code:
• Requires the wearing of shoes with soles.
• Prohibits crop tops (no skin showing between bottom of shirt/blouse and top of pants/skirts); strapless, low-cut clothing; clothing with slits; or tops and outfits that provide minimum coverage.
• Prohibits spaghetti straps. All sleeveless shirts must have straps at least three inches wide and that cover the shoulder.
• Requires that all shorts, skirts and dresses be fingertip length. Shorts must be hemmed and without fraying.
• Prohibits the wearing of headgear on campus, except for designated school-approved uniforms or at authorized athletic practices or activities.
• Prohibits slogans or advertising on clothing that by their controversial or obscene nature disrupts the educational setting. Clothing with spikes or studs is also prohibited.
• Requires coats, mittens and scarves to be removed upon entering the classroom.
The school administration has the right to designate which types of dress or appearance disrupt or detract from the educational program and may be a potential safety hazard.